Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yard work

Like I said last night, LoLo and I had a busy little Saturday (yes, I did just quote Old School). Even though it was pretty chilly out, we decided it was time to attack the front lawn. I confess, we were those neighbors...the ones who don't tend to their front lawn or know how to take care of flowers. But we have excuses!

1.) I have lived most of my adult life either in a college dorm or in New York City. I'm sorry but there was no gardening going on in my Manhattan neighborhood of Washington Heights (but there was a stray rooster that lived in the empty lot behind my building....LoLo and I used to throw bags of burnt popcorn to him. You're welcome, PETA).


2.) LoLo grew up in the Dominican Republic and moved to Queens when he was a tween. And trust, he wasn't doing any gardening.

Too gangsta to garden

3.) We are relatively new homeowners! We had a few projects to take care of before we could get to the lawn...like making sure LoLo's man cave (or as he calls it, the "cave man") was fully loaded with a huge screen tv, a drawing table, a computer den, his playstation, and a Hooters calendar he got when my dad took him there for his birthday (I'm fully aware that that's weird...).


I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my brother-in-law, Luisito, for secretly planting flowers in our front yard. He came and stayed with us for about 3 weeks last month and before he left, he must have gone outside and planted some seeds that he and I bought during one of our trips to the Christmas Tree Shops. So sneaky...and I actually believed he just wanted to bring some seeds back to the concrete jungle (NYC) to plant some lovely flowers in flowerpots in his room. I told you I don't know a thing about gardening.



Thanks for the flowers, Luisito!!

To our neighbors, we greatly apologize for our slacking. But you must understand, there's a gardening/lawn care learning curve. We've cleaned up our act yard and we hope you like it.

Sidenote: LoLo just asked me if Vitamin D is from the sun. I said yes so he asked, "So how did they get it into my cornflakes? Did they let them lay in the sun before they were put in the box??"

No comments: